Here you will find information on Spanish property throughout Spain, with useful tourist information, area details, plus help, tips and advice about buying or selling real estate. The various types of Spanish Property In Spain available from villas and apartments, new (off plan) or resale, through to ruins and renovation projects for sale are explained to help ensure buying Spanish property is completed with satisfaction. You will find properties suitable for holiday homes, investment or full time residency in most regions. To find out more please use the links on the left, scroll down. View the Spanish Property or Spanish Tourism.
Buying Spanish Property
Obviously, great care should be taken when buying real estate in any country in the world and the same is true of Spain. If you purchase a Spanish Apartment from a man you meet in a bar you are asking for trouble, but by following a few simple common sense rules it is a very straight forward and safe process. Buyers should take care that they do not buy a vastly over priced or over valued property by studying the local markets before hand, comparing not just the actual price but the location as well. Remember it is easy to get carried away when you are in a foreign country with a fist full of money looking for that dream home, so take care before you sign anything.
Selling Spanish Property
Much of the above is true about selling your property in Spain, with or without an agent. With the aid of a good multi lingual lawyer the whole transaction can be finished quickly and with little fuss. Spanish property is still selling if the price is right, although it can be said that there are not the number of buyers around as there was a few years ago. Visit all the local agents and consider selling it your self or at the very least advertising your property.
Spanish Property Rental
Property rental is still a big part of the economy of Spain, with millions of visitors each year choosing a Holiday Rental Spain direct from owners and Spanish agents (or English agents based in Spain). If you just put a small advert in your local paper and then sit back, you won't get many bookings! But with a little imagination and marketing, good returns are possible. Visitors looking to find a villa or apartment to rent for their summer holiday will find plenty of information here, with loads of accommodation ready to book in many top locations, resorts and combinations available. Independent travel is a very simple process and by booking direct you can save loads of money by avoiding travel agents commissions.
This is the region of the greatest boom in building in recent years with plenty of bargains and good value for money properties. See below for some of the most popular towns, although please remember we cover every town, city, resort and village along this stretch of coast and driving distance inland.
- Alicante Property - A major city in the central Costa Blanca
- Altea Property - A charming town in the north of the region
- Benidorm Property - The ultimate Spanish holiday destination
- Denia Property - A Northern Costa Blanca resort
- Torrevieja Property - Fastest growing town in Spain
Probably the most famous and visited region of Spain, which naturally reflects in the prices of property. A few of the more well known towns are listed below;
- Benalmadena Property - Town famous for its marina
- Fuengirola Property - Check out the great beaches here
- Malaga Property - Capital of the Costa del Sol
- Marbella Property - The place to be seen
- Torremolinos Property - The original package holiday resort
One of the lesser known regions of Spain which is going through something of a mini boom due to the development of Murcia airport.
- La Manga Property - Cracking golf resort plus beach resort
- Los Alcazares Property - Up and coming Spanish town on the Mar Menor
- Murcia Property - The town and region of the Costa Calida
Contains a largely unspoiled coastline in the south of Spain, cheap properties can still be found inland. The most well liked towns are;
- Almeria Property - Capital of the province of the same name
- Mojacar Property - Beautiful Moorish town
- Roquetas de Mar Property - Holiday resort in the south of Almeria
More Spanish Property Areas
All other areas of Spain including, Costa de la Luz, Costa Dorada, Costa Brava, Costa del Azahar, Costa Tropical, Barcelona, Seville, Granada, the Canary Islands of Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria and finally the Balearic Islands of Mallorca, Ibiza and Menorca can be found via this complete lists of Spanish Towns and Cities;
- Spanish Cities A to L - including towns
- Spanish Cities M to Z - plus the spanish resorts
- Barcelona Property - a city of the north of Spain
- Costa de la Luz Property - coastline from Gibralter to Portugal
- Mallorca Property - beautiful Balearic island
- Menorca Property - a jewel in the med
- Tenerife Property - most popular of the Canaries
Searching for Spanish Property
With properties in our database from under £30,000 (UK pounds) upwards to luxury villas in the million pound bracket, a quick search can be made by clicking the search links on each and every property page.
If you need some more guidance on the variations of different types of homes available in Spain, with an explanation of some of the terms used please see our Spanish Homes page.
Advertising Spanish Property
For agents and private individuals who wish to sell their property, we have made it very easy for you, with free or paid listings, for more information please see the dedicated page.
For those looking to invest their money in quality off plan property Inspection Trips can be arranged for most areas of Spain. These consist of a 4 or 5 day tour with flights and hotel included to check out all the local developments in your price range and requirements.
Mortgages in Spain are becoming more popular with low interest rates and the ever increasing competition between banks (both Spanish and other European banks) for your business. Mortgages for non residents are available and you are guaranteed to find the best mortgage deal from the full range including interest only, with minimum documentation, plus tracker and flexible mortgages. For more details please see
Tourism In Spain
To help you decide where to buy your home in Spain, we have prepared resort, town and area guides that include all the information that a tourist would need to enjoy a holiday there, including local attractions, golf, beaches, weather and much more. Here are just some of the most popular resorts;
Costa Blanca Tourism
The Costa Blanca is one of Spain's great tourism destinations running from Denia in the north to Torrevieja in the south.
- Alicante - Gateway to the Costa Blanca
- Altea - A town with rich history
- Benidorm - One of the biggest tourist resorts in Europe
- Denia - Attractive and cosmopolitan
- Torrevieja - A popular destination for holidaymakers
Costa del Sol Tourism
Over 2,000,000 visitors a year show that this is still one of the favourite destinations in Spain.
- Benalmadena - One of the best places on the Costa del Sol
- Estepona - With real charm and character
- Fuengirola - A typical high rise resort but with plenty entertainment
- Malaga - A place where the sun shines almost all year
- Marbella - The jewel of Spain's Costa del Sol
- Mijas - Typically Andalusian village
- Torremolinos - A famous and popular holiday resort
Costa Almeria Tourism
One of the quieter areas of Spain with smaller resorts and towns and very little tourist development.
- Almeria - Popular top rated tourist attractions to visit while in Almeria
- Mojacar - A lively resort offering beach and sun
- Roquetas de Mar - Enjoy fantastic beaches, quiet and relaxing
Costa Calida Tourism
One of the least well known "Costas" of Spain, but it has been popular with holiday makers for over a century.
- La Manga - Relaxing destination for a holiday in Costa Calida
- Los Alcazares - Still retains that "Spanish feel"
- Murcia - The fabulous cathedral in Murcia city is well worth a visit